The below you will find shopping bag folding instructions made easy. This shopping bag file is so versatile, it can be used for any occasion. As provided in the downloadable file in Camilla’s Paper Creations store, this bag measures 4 7/8″ tall x 3″ wide x 1 1/2″ deep. It is best to use text weight patterned paper for this file. Double sided patterned paper can be used, however it will be a little stiffer to fold. I have included step by step shopping bag folding instructions with photos in this blog. Included with the file download is a PDF pattern showing the fold lines.
Cutting file for this project can be found in Camilla’s Paper Creations online store. Before cutting, determine the directions of the pattern on the paper and make sure the pattern will be cut correctly. If you have a stripped paper and want them to go up and down the shopping bag, make sure the file is rotated to the preferred direction. When rotating this file, make sure all elements are selected before rotating.
If you will be resizing the shopping bag, make sure all elements are selected before resizing. It is also best to save and original file and only alter a copy. When resizing only resize to scale, stretching the height or length of the file will result in the file not folding correctly.
All files sold in Camilla’s Paper Creations store, will have solid score lines. To score my files, use an engraving or embossing tool. I don’t like to use a perf line or kiss cut line as you will see every cut in the finished product. For this file, score on the back side of the patterned paper, so you will want to lay the patterned paper face down on the mat. Use a lighter than normal pressure when scoring on text weight paper, you will want to use half to a third of your normal pressure as to not tear through the paper. It may be a good idea to create a small circle to test score prior to scoring the entire project.
Assembly for Shopping Bag Folding Instructions
1. After cutting fold all of the lines per the pdf folding instructions included in download. When it comes time for assembly, if the lines are folded according to the mountains and valleys, it makes assembly much easier.
2. Apply glue to side tab and fold over to glue sides together.
3. Fold the sides of the bag inward, press to lay flat.
4. Fold in sides of bottom of bag. As the bottom is folded in, crease on the diagonal lines.
5. Locate the valley line that only goes half way across one side of the bag. Face this side of the bag up.
6. Fold one side of the bag up at the valley line in step 5, press to lay flat.
7. Fold bottom layer of bag up to create the bottom of the bag.
8. Fold top layer of bag bottom down to create the bottom of the bag.
9. Place a little glue on the bottom on the bottom of the bag to adhere the bottom of the bag.
Additional decorations or cut elements can be used to embellish this bag.